Universal Power-Pak 445 Adjustable Dumbbells Reviews
The Universal Power-Pak 445 Adjustable Dumbbells provide an assortment of weights ranging from 4 to 45 pounds. There are nine available arrangements providing 9 unique weight settings.
The selection knob on the end clearly defines moving between weights. The dumbbells are constructed of an advanced plastic with a rubber handle. Universal provides a guide of possible lifts that can be replicated with the dumbbells in an illustrated manual. A one year warranty is also provided directly from Universal.
Universal Power-Pak 445 Adjustable Dumbbells Review
The Universal Power-Park 445 allow the user to make the necessary adjustments for lifting anywhere from 4 to 45 pounds per dumbbell. Measuring 14” long and 15” wide, these weight systems offer a total of 9 different weight settings. Those who have been looking for a good pair of dumbbells that they can use to build some muscle will find that these are certainly worth taking a closer look at for a number of reasons.
The Power-Pak 445 seems to be competitive with the Bowflex series of adjustable dumbbells but just falls a bit short in terms of workmanship. It was very similar in all aspects including the method of selection but simply falls short of the quality and smoothness found in the others.
Although this is still a great product it may be a bit overpriced and is definitely not the best value product on the market. Although, it does have a unique design which is enough for some consumers. The handle is composed of a material exclusive from any other available products and fits tightly into your hand.
The grip is not compromised by sweat which keeps it ranking towards the top of the list of best weight systems in the world today. The incorporated stand is exclusive to Universal and provides a very nice bonus to the total cost of the set.
- Adjustment settings of 4, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 per dumbbell.
- Easy adjustment with a simple dial.
- Comes with a stand specifically designed for these dumbbells.
- Includes workout guide.
- One year warranty on both the dumbbells and stand.
- Stand is designed for space efficiency.
- Handle grips covered with thermoplastic rubber for a comfortable, non-slip grip.
Adjustable Weight Settings
One of the best things about this dumbbell set is the fact that each dumbbell has a total of 9 different adjustable settings, which saves both money and space. The adjustable weight settings on these dumbbells go from just 4 pounds all the way up to 45.
Those who want a variety of weights to choose from without crowding their home with a lot of different dumbbells will find these to be incredibly useful. Switching between the various weights is extremely easy with the dial on the side of each dumbbell.
You will find that each of these universal power pak sets has handle grips that are covered in thermoplastic rubber, which makes for a very nice comfortable grip.
I have had a few different dumbbell sets in the past, but none of the ones I’ve used have been quite as comfortable as these. These handle grips, unlike most of the ones I have seen in the past, are designed for comfort and don’t slip at all.
The overall design of the universal power paks is very sturdy and impressive. While I was a little hesitant about them at first, these weights were definitely made to last. I found the design of the dumbbell stand to be especially nice, as it too is incredibly sturdy and cannot easily be knocked over.
The stand doesn’t take up a lot of room, so it is perfect for those who have limited space at home. I really like everything about the design of these dumbbells.
- Comfortable grip: The grip on these weight systems is definitely very comfortable, so I can do full workouts with them without any issues. The thermoplastic rubber is definitely what makes these dumbbells so comfortable to use.
- Save space and money: The fact that each of the universal power-pak product is essentially 9-in-1 will save you a lot of space and money. Instead of having 9 different sets of dumbbells for various weights, all you need is these two.
- Versatility: These dumbbells can be used for a lot of different types of exercises.
- Nice stand: The fact that these dumbbells actually come with a stand was a surprise to me, and it is a really nice, sturdy one. I have never had a problem with this stand falling over or giving me any problems.
- Easy to adjust the weight: Another thing that I really like about these dumbbells is that it is so easy to adjust the weight on each of them with the little dial on the side. When I want to go from 25 to 30 or 35 pounds, all I have to do is just turn the dial slightly and start my workout.
- Sliding: There have been some people who have complained about these weights sliding when they use them. Personally, I have experienced a bit of sliding but most of the time they feel very secure and firm in my hands.
- Too big: For obvious reasons these dumbbells are significantly larger than your average ones, but that is simply the cost of having 9 weights in 1 dumbbell. Some people may find the size of these dumbbells to be a little too off putting.
Overall, I found the Universal Power-Pak 445 to be incredibly useful with an innovative design. I have used numerous sets of dumbbells over the years, but nothing quite like these. These dumbbells have a great design that makes switching to different weights very easy.
I frequently use these weights for a variety of exercises and haven’t encountered any major problems with them yet.
While there may be other dumbbells on the market that have an adjustable weight design, these are definitely among the best. With a comfortable grip and a design that saves both space and money, I highly recommend these dumbbells to anyone who wants to start working out at home on a regular basis.